Tabasco

Tabasco

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Breeds



What is your favorite breed of dog?

Oh my gosh! I have always been a big dog person, but this week I fell in love with a friend's 'toy' size dog, a Papillon named Lola. She is tiny! And she's absolutely the cutest thing I've ever seen. Big feathery ears and a tail like a squirrel's. Lola gathered acorns and took them to her bed. She tried to climb a tree. She pulled the ivy off of the tree. She pounced on bugs. Busy, busy, busy. Ithought I'd found our new dog, but my husband would not hear of having a toy-sized dog. He reminded me that our Greyhound is a former racer who had been trained on live bait. She may be old, but she's still fast. He's right of course. How terrible it would be for this little toy dog to be our Greyhound's toy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Lola sounds so cute. I totally see your husband's point but she sounds adorable!

    My favorite type of dog is a Heniz 57, part this, part that!! Our first dog of 17 years, Max, was a part Jack Russell and part who knows what. She was perfect. Now we have Bella, and she two is a mix breed and what a personality she has! Love those mutts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dog is precious! She sounds like a lot of fun. But ... it sounds like your husband is wanting something a little larger.

    ReplyDelete